Do you want to show off a long and healthy mane, but the split ends force you to cut the length that it has cost you so much to achieve? Whether by using irons, curling irons, dyes or sun exposure, our hair is spoiling and we need to cut to heal the damaged area.
If you suffer every time you have to cut your hair, we will tell you how to repair burned and split ends with home remedies and cosmetic products. This way, you won’t have to cut it to bring it back to life. Also, we will give you some tips on how to repair split ends naturally.
Table of Contents
How to repair split ends naturally?
Do you know that with basic ingredients in your kitchen, such as egg or olive oil, you can repair your split ends? We love home remedies for hair based on natural products because, in addition to repairing the damage, they give it extra hydration and shine. Do you want to know some home remedies to treat brittle tips? These are the most effective.
The egg has a high concentration of fatty proteins that work as a natural moisturizer. By applying a homemade egg mask you will get to seal the ends and have hydrated looking hair with extra shine. Take note of this egg hair mask for which you will only need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For its preparation and application, follow these steps:
- Beat the eggs and mix them with the olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on the hair and leave to act for at least 45 minutes.
- After time, rinse with warm, almost cold water and wash with your usual shampoo.
Coconut oil is an excellent natural moisturizer that, thanks to its concentration of vitamin E, manages to repair damaged hair, giving it shine and a healthy appearance. If you want to repair your split ends with coconut oil, follow these steps:
- Apply a product nut on the palm of your hand and massage to spread on both hands.
- Spread the product on damp hair, applying it only to the ends.
- Leave to act, at least 15 minutes and rinse.
- Coconut oil is a product that you can leave as long as you want without harm to your hair, in fact, the longer you leave it, the greater the hydration.
Olive oil is one of the most widely used natural products in cosmetics for its nutritional properties. In the case of hair, applying it on the ends will get to seal the cuticle and repair the burned ends. To make your application more effective, use it this way:
- Massage over the tips area to facilitate the penetration of the product and leave it to act.
- As with coconut oil, the longer you leave it, the greater the hydration.
- Rinse as you normally would. You can use it 2 times a week.
We are fans of avocado home remedies. Its content in vitamins (A, C and E), minerals (potassium and magnesium), fatty acids and proteins help to repair damaged ends, promoting your hair health. To prepare your mask, follow these steps:
- Extract the pulp of a ripe avocado and mash it with a fork.
- Add 20 grams of egg white (about two tablespoons) and 30 grams of olive oil (about 3 tablespoons).
- Mix well until all ingredients are integrated.
- Apply to the ends of the hair on damp hair. It is important that you apply it by massaging the area so that the product penetrates.
- Let it act for an hour. If you cover your hair with a shower cap, you will enhance the effect.
- After the time has passed, rinse your hair. You can use this mask 3 times a week.
This beer remedy will soften and repair your split ends, the only drawback is the strong smell it leaves on the hair. To use it, follow these instructions:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of beer with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply from the middle of the hair to the ends, concentrating more of the product on them.
- Leave to act for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Then wash with your usual shampoo.
Tips to avoid split ends
To finish, we do not want to say goodbye without giving you some tips to prevent split ends or hairpins. They are small changes in your hair routine that can improve the condition of your hair and prevent damage to the ends. Take note!
Avoid strong temperatures: Do not abuse heat sources such as irons, dryers, curling irons or hair curlers. You do not have to completely give up using these devices, you just have to use them with caution, not applying them to the hair at the maximum temperature and using thermal protectors on the hair before using them.
Use a suitable comb: If you don’t comb the hair correctly or with a tool suitable for your hair type, you can further damage your ends and break the already fragile hair. If you have long hair, we recommend using a large flat brush; If your hair is short, it is advisable to use wide and separate barbed combs.
Hydrates the hair: Maintaining hydration, both of the scalp and hair, is essential for your hair to look healthy. Drink plenty of water to maintain hydration of the body and nourish the middle and ends with repairing products such as serums or oils.
Cut your hair once in a while: You may not like it, but do you know that by reviewing your cut lightly every 3 months you can avoid split ends? It is only about cutting an inch or so to eliminate the hair that begins to open. This way you avoid further damage without harming hair growth.
You may like also to read http://foodwithkidappeal.com/