During the coldest months of the year, it is important that you dress very well. But this does not mean that you have to put aside your tastes. So that you do not miss the time, your store to buy brand-name clothing, has prepared some tips for dressing in winter without losing style. Interesting, right? What are you waiting for! Continue reading this post and get the best out of your closet.
Table of Contents
Tips for dressing in winter without losing style
If you want to know how to dress for winter this post is for you. In these months of the year what we want is to shelter ourselves to conserve the heat of the body. And, many times, both women and men make mistakes when dressing for cold climates. To avoid committing these fashion slips follow these recommendations.
Use textiles suitable for the cold
These are just some of the textiles you can use in winter. Take all your garments made with these fibers out of the closet and combine them well.
The cotton is a natural fabric par excellence. Its acceptance is thanks to its softness, comfort, and protection. This covers the skin of slightly low temperatures while keeping the skin healthy because it does not cause irritations or allergies.
Another natural option is hemp is an ecological fabric that not only keeps you warm during the winter but also gives you solar protection. Dress-winter-style
The tencel, like the previous two fibers, is natural. It is characterized by being suitable for people with skin problems and for places with low temperatures because it conserves body heat and prevents the proliferation of bacteria.
While cotton is the natural fabric par excellence, wool is the best for freezing climates. This cloth gives enough heat to forget a little that it is winter. But, you have to be careful when using it, because it could cause allergies or chafe, so it’s better that you carry it with something underneath.
Check This Out: The philosophy of women’s dresses
Stylish garments and layered clothing
There are many ways to dress for the winter, but there is one that is almost a fashion law: layered clothing. There is no better date than this to put it into practice. However, neither jeans nor long coats are the only garments for this season. You can continue to maintain your style whenever you adapt it to the weather.
Dress up layers
- The first layer: It is considered as a “second skin”, because the garments are sufficiently glued so as not to let the body heat escape, but so flexible that you do not even remember that you are wearing them. It should be made of synthetic fabric because it will also help you to perspire. This layer of clothes for the cold includes long pants (leggins type) and long sleeve shirt (if you prefer, it is high neck).
- Second layer: it has the objective of expelling the body moisture towards the outside so that the first layer does not get wet or cool. This is a little looser from the body. Includes sweatshirts, sweaters, and pants that you prefer.
- Third layer: It is the one that will protect you from the unforeseen weather: blizzard, rain, etc. This has to be made of polyester, wool or waterproof synthetic fabric. Usually, it’s a bit looser. They are the coats, jackets, windbreakers, etc.
Although the law of the three layers is as we indicated above, it is not necessary that you comply to the letter. You could wear the first layer and on top put on the clothes you want.
But how to dress warmly without losing style? Simple … wearing the first layer of thermal clothing, second layer some leggings, then a dress, some booties, and over a coat.
Clothing that you can wear in winter
- Leggings: Depending on how much the temperature has dropped you can wear some leggings. Above you can put a skirt or a dress to the middle leg.
- Dress: These are not exclusive to spring and summer. You can also take them in winter! Use those with long sleeves and thick fabric such as cotton or wool, which is not so tight or so loose. And complemented by a coat.
- Skirts: Wear this garment during the winter especially if you work in the office. We recommend that you wear those that are at the waist and reach just above the knees. This way you will cover part of the torso and legs. Like the dresses, choose those of textile material that provides heat to your body. And it’s underpants or leggings.
- Pantyhose: These are very light, although they do not protect much if they provide a variant style. If you do not want to wear leggings, and the weather is not so cold, you can put some pantyhose under your skirt or dress. To compensate for this thin layer, wear knee boots.
- Jersey: it is a garment worn during the fall. In winter you can also keep using it on top of a long sleeved thermal t-shirt.
What is the right shoe for winter?
For those who like to enjoy the cold months, knowing how to dress in winter is a subject of high interest. In addition to the clothes with which they were attired, it is important to know how to protect two parts of the body that are extremely sensitive to the cold: the hands and feet. In the case of the latter, the choice of footwear is transcendental.
The more boots are a coat for your feet. But, these are not the only shoes suitable for winter. You can also choose leather boots or boots, with or without a heel. As well as military style boots. Boots above the knee, among other options.
When buying shoes to wear during the winter it is necessary that they be of quality. Taking this into account is to ensure the safety and comfort you will feel when walking in the snow or rain. It is essential that they have anti-slip soles and that they give good support to your feet so that you can walk quietly through different types of soil and under different climatic conditions.
Winter shoes for women
You do not have to lose elegance during the winter. If you go to the office, to walk, to the park or any other place in the city opt for sophisticated booties, like those that reach the ankle and are a thick heel. The majority of this footwear is made of leather and other waterproof and thermal materials.
Winter shoes for men
Men can opt for Chelsea boots to complement their style when going to work. They also have the option of military-style boots, which will give a more casual look, ideal for outings with friends or on weekends.
Sneakers for winter
These must have soles of two or three centimeters thick made with the insulating material. And be a size larger than usual, since many times it is necessary to put on thermal socks, which are a little thicker than regular socks.
Accessories to wear in winter
In winter you can enhance your style with accessories. These, more than adding something to your wardrobe, are very functional. Despite how gray the environment may be, you should have sunglasses in your wallet to protect your eyes when the sun rises.
An area that cannot be forgotten is the hands and neck, for that use leather gloves that go with everything and a scarf or scarf that matches your clothes.
Mistakes you should not commit in winter
- Wearing large clothes without being oversize: when we say “loose clothes” we refer to one that is slightly detached from the body, not two or three sizes larger than yours. In the case of the third layer, sometimes it is necessary that you use a larger size because of the clothes you wear underneath. One tip is to use fitted pieces, to your liking, so you can dress in layers, stay warm and stylish.
- Bring summer clothes: summer clothes are very light. In addition, its textile composition is not at all suitable for winter. So forget about crop tops, tank tops, and sandals or open shoes like Peep toe or mules.
- Winter clothes are not the same as rain clothes: the idea of wearing layers is that you can cover yourself with the cold. And, take into account that not always cold is equal to rain or snow. Even in winter, you should continue to dress for every occasion. Despite the weather station, it will not always rain. So, why wear those rubber boots? Wear boots, dancers, and even sneakers.