Every girl invited to the wedding of the best girlfriend or close friend before the celebration is extremely puzzled by the choice of his dress. Many of the fair sex is having trouble not knowing which wedding dresses are suitable for guests – long, short, simple or fancy? It is extremely important to take a responsible approach to the choice of dress for the solemn event because it will often be flashed on professional wedding photos. About what rules should be followed, selecting your image for the wedding of your favorite friends will be described in detail below.
Table of Contents
Wedding dress code for guests
The dress code for invited girls gathering for a wedding depends on many factors. These include the age of the fair sex, her position in society, the type of event, the place where the celebration will be held. The presence or absence of accompaniment plays an important role. If a woman comes not alone, but with a young man, ideally, if their costumes are matched by color and style. The dress code is determined by the degree of formality of the event:
- Unofficial. These types of weddings include celebrations that take place outdoors in the woods, on the territory of the tent, in inexpensive places. As a rule, registration and the beginning of the banquet is scheduled for the first half of the day. A guest may dress up festively, but not too elaborate – you should not pile up high hairstyles, and even more so – wear dresses with lots of rhinestones, sequins, in daylight this will attract too much attention. A light sundress, a trouser suit or a suit with a skirt will suit as a dress.
- Semi-official. The event takes place in the late afternoon; it is festive, bright, but not too lush. Guests can dress in costumes, elegant simple dresses or pick up an evening outfit for themselves, but again – neat and not defiant. In this case, as well as during an informal celebration, it is better to refrain from too bright make-up, an abundance of jewelry.
- Official. If you were invited to a very solemn and expensive wedding, the invitation card most likely indicates the dress code: men are tuxedos, ties or bow ties, women have an evening dress. Guests cannot deny themselves the pleasure – to put on their best jewelry, boast a chic evening dress, embroidered with beads, pearls, and rhinestones.
If the couple decided in advance that the wedding will be themed, it will be mentioned in the invitation cards. Do not be afraid of any unusual style – for example, a pirate wedding, retro or oriental celebration. If you do not find a suitable dress in your wardrobe, you don’t need to immediately run to the store, especially since it can take significant financial resources. Any image can “pull” accessories that are easy to pick up or make you.
Be especially careful about the choice of dress for those guests who were invited to the wedding ceremony. Skirts above the knee and open shoulders will be out of place in the church. To comply with all the rules of the temple, you need to have a shawl covering your head or a long shawl that will hide your bare back and arms at the same time. The color scheme of the dress should also be appropriate – no bright, screaming shades (they are generally out of place at the wedding), aggressive make-up, shining jewelry, the image should be modest and elegant.
What can and cannot wear?
If you go to a wedding, remember that this event is designed to focus on the love of young people, the bond between their souls and hearts, the beauty of the bride, the refined image of the groom. It is clear that each guest wants to look original, sexy and attractive, but it’s worth thinking three times before putting on this or that dress – you don’t want to overshadow the hero of the occasion or seem vulgar? Here are a few rules that will help to dress properly for the wedding:
- The white color is a taboo. Most brides choose a dress of white or ivory color, so do not wear a snow-white outfit. The main heroine of the celebration should stand out, attract views, and the appearance of a guest at a wedding in a dress of the same shade will cause confusion.
- It is also preferable to refuse black color if the wedding is celebrated in the morning – a guest in a black dress will look too gloomy, but a dark cocktail dress for the evening is a suitable option.
- Bright colors are permissible and sometimes even desirable in the case when the wedding is sustained in a certain color contrasting palette, but most guests are better off wearing costumes or dresses of pastel or dark muted tones.
- Try to harmonize the details of the dress. If you are accustomed to wearing jeans and T-shirts in everyday life, consult one of the girlfriends who know a lot about creating an image, otherwise, there is a risk of being a black sheep at the wedding, having incorrectly made accents.
- Makeup should be light, simple, neat. Give up a lot of concealers, tricolor shadows, bright eyebrows, and colorful lips, if it is not provided for by the dress code – it will look ridiculous, especially during a day wedding.
- Femininity is the main guide to the image of the guest wedding. A simple elegant dress is much better than risky short dresses – it can look vulgar.
- Gloves – a good part of the image, but you need to wear them correctly. Long accessories will look good only with dresses without sleeves, and during the banquet be sure to remove them.
- If you are not sure about the degree of formality, doubt about the chosen dress, feel free to ask the bride what kind of wedding she is planning. The girl will probably tell you how to dress, give you some practical advice and will even be glad of such interest.
- Separately, it is necessary to say about the witness’s outfit, which will always be next to the bride – the dress should be in harmony with the decoration of the hero of the occasion. Well, fit a long, elegant version of the dress.
How to dress for guests at the wedding?
In addition to the general rules regarding the dress, corresponding to a good tone, take care of an equally important part of the dress – it should ideally suit the guest. The choice of a festive costume will be based on the color type (autumn, winter, summer, spring), and the outfit itself must hide the flaws of the figure and highlight its main advantages. Not all girls have model parameters, so it is extremely important to choose a dress that fits your body to look great on wedding photos.
Tips for the full
Full beauties are often embarrassed by their magnificent forms, but in vain, because even having a rounded figure is not difficult to look interesting, original and elegant. A few tips on choosing a beautiful dress for full girls will help future guests to figure out which outfit suits them, what is better to emphasize and what to hide from the views of those present:
- The material from which the dress is sewn should be light, flowing, and almost weightless and have a matte surface. Dense satin fabrics can greatly disfigure a magnificent figure.
- It is better to choose dark and deep colors – purple, blue, green. Looks good red, burgundy shades.
- It is better for owners of lush hips and thin shoulders to choose dresses with wide sleeves, A-shaped cut – the flowing fabric will hide the lack of a figure.
- If the guest has slender legs, but a plump belly, short high-waisted dresses that open legs from the middle of the thigh will look great.
- It is better for full-armed guests to abandon necklaces, laces or rhinestones in the décolleté area – this will attract extra attention to massive shoulders. Three-quarter or flared sleeve is perfect.
- You should not resort to an abundance of parts – earrings, rings, pendants, brooches, laces, rhinestones. Modest simple jewelry is perfect for a dress for a full girl.
Being in an interesting position before the wedding of a girlfriend, the guest probably thinks for a long time before choosing a dress, but there is nothing to worry about – there are many options for beautiful dresses that only emphasize the touching state of the guest. If the tummy has not yet had time to appear, a variety of different styles will suit for the wedding – a comfortable A-line dress with flowing fabric, straight style, and dresses with a high waist. The festive decoration skirt can be either short or long – see the photo for details:
Those girls who go to a wedding with an already round, big belly should choose an outfit that, first of all, guarantees comfort and does not hold down movements. The various variations of Greek dresses look great – a classic dress for pregnant women, but from year to year designers work on collections that include elegant European dresses for girls in position.
Selection of attire depending on the season
In addition to the above factors, it is necessary to take into account the weather conditions associated with the wedding. Those decorations, decorative elements of the dress, which were out of place in the warm season, can look great in winter, and vice versa – fabrics that are ideal for the summer celebration look strange and inappropriate in the cold season. How to choose an outfit depending on the weather, will be discussed below.
What dress to wear in winter?
In winter, guests preparing for the wedding have a hard time, because the variety of options is significantly reduced.
- First, the style matters: the dress should not be short simply for reasons of health. Even if you arrive by car – leave this venture.
- Secondly, the material must be dense. Satin, brocade look good, knitted cozy outfits look interesting. Multi-layered looks look good, where a dress, vest, elegant scarf, and right shoes are harmoniously combined.
In spring and autumn
The spring or autumn period of the wedding allows for the wearing of short dresses, but you need to find the right shoes for the – boots that do not fit shin look best. Surely the tights will be matched to the dress – you need to give preference to the flesh-colored accessory, although some wedding guests can experiment with color options (just not black!). Beautifully look short sweaters with long skirts from the waist, as well as elegant evening dresses with a straight silhouette of dense fabric.
In summer, girls invited to the wedding rejoice, because there are countless options for how to dress for the celebration – except for the warmest, winter outfits. It is permissible to wear dresses from the lightest fabrics, sundresses, color flax looks good, it looks appropriate as a long, short version of the skirt, and it is also possible to wear a chic evening dress. Summer dresses are gentle, flowing, they are often decorated with a draw of elegant lace, make beautiful translucent inserts.